We’re proud to present to you our latest release:
Our community development release of the combined offline and online installer is available over here.
The offline option that installs a fully themed Xfce and the online option provides you with the choice of eight Desktop Environments Xfce, Mate, LXQt, Cinnamon, Plasma, Gnome, Budgie, Deepin and Window Manager i3-WM.
We already checked the box for the necessary base install in the online installer menu, all you have to do is check the box of your desired DE.
The ISO contains:
- Linux kernel 5.6.11-arch1-1
- Mesa 20.0.6.-2
- Firefox 76.0.1-1 Arch
- Calamares 3.2.20
The issues that have been resolved are:
- Fixed boot issues for ATI/AMD and Nvidia GPU’s
- New network driver included r8168
- eos-log-tool available on the Live environment to provide logs in case of an issue
- Faster installation after fixing
- DHCPCD is no longer included since NetworkManager doesn’t support the DHCPCD plugin.
The Windowmanager i3-wm has received some small improvements like:
- Thunar is the default file manager
- The default terminal is the Xfce4-terminal
- Some improvements on the keybindings
- A hint inside the config files on how to update them to the latest versions on Github.
As a reminder to Nvidia card users, our nvidia-installer is installed by default after install. You only have to follow our wiki for instructions, the link is provided in our Welcome menu.
When you’ve discovered a bug in this community development release you can report them over here, your experiences will help us perfect the installer on its journey to the stable version.
You can download over here:
Alternative direct download, especially for EU users but it has been reported to work well in the US and Canada also.
To check the ISO file with the md5sum:
md5sum -c endeavouros-2020.05.08-x86_64.iso.md5sum
To check the ISO file with gpg signature download the sig file:
import our key and verify:
gpg --recv CB23504F
gpg --verify endeavouros-2020.05.08-x86_64.iso.sig
497A F50C 92AD 2384 C56E 1ACA 003D B8B0 CB23 504F
For those who are interested and even help us by giving us feedback, you can read in our source code over here: