A new kernel arrived, so it was time to refresh our Galileo ISO with Galileo Neo version 2024-01-25. Like previous Neo releases, this release doesn’t bring new features but the necessary fixes and core package updates for both the ISO and the offline KDE Plasma option. To avoid misunderstanding, this release doesn’t affect running systems, if you regularly have updated your system, the core updates are already there. The fixes described in this announcement are improvements for the ISO and the installation process.
Galileo Neo fixes
The Galileo Neo ISO ships with:
- Linux kernel 6.7.1.arch1-1
- Calamares 22.214.171.124-1
- Firefox 122.0-1
- Mesa 1:23.3.3-1
- Xorg-server 21.1.11-1
- Nvidia-dkms 545.29.1.06-1
Fixed bug list:
- Several fixes for the Bash script caused issues running Wayland sessions when the KDE Plasma offline installation option was selected.
- We fixed the issue that caused annoying effects and composition on the Plasma Live Environment with machines running legacy Intel graphics.
- The r8168-lts package is now automatically installed when the Linux kernel LTS is selected in Calamares.
- Resolved the issue for the installer to fetch the old named packages when the KDE Plasma online installation option was selected.
- When an installation error occurs, Calamares now properly unmounts the target device and can immediately be used again for another installation session, instead of rebooting the ISO to start a new session.
You can grab Galileo Neo over here.